350 NW 1st Ave, Suite A
Grand Rapids, MN 55744
Open Mon.-Thurs. 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
GET HELP: 2-1-1
Board Member: United Way of 1000 Lakes
Are you interested in learning more about critical issues impacting our community? Do you want to network, collaborate, and work to improve conditions for Itasca-area families and individuals? You might be a good fit for United Way's Board of Directors!
The Board of Directors has a governance mandate and is responsible for ensuring the United Way’s mission and strategic plan are achieved. Board members are responsible for:
- Providing strategic leadership to United Way: establishing the long-term direction and vision; monitoring and evaluating the implementation of the strategic plan; overseeing the financial health of the organization; and providing insights to inform organizational decisions.
- Acting as a positive and passionate ambassador for United Way both in the board room and out in the community.
- Has a willingness to connect the organization to capital such as: financial resources or prospective donors; policy makers or community leaders; diverse populations or community issue subject matter experts
- Keeping informed about the organization, its issues, and its connection to the community through active participation
Meetings are held monthly for usually 1.5 hours. Meetings may be held virtually or in person, and remote attendance can be arranged. Each board member is also expected to serve on a committee that strives to meet at least quarterly and more often as needed (the approximate meeting time is 1 hour). In addition, board members are asked to attend 4-6 special events throughout the year.
Learn more by expressing interest below or getting in touch with the Opportunity Coordinator. All prospective board members must fill out an application.
Learn more about volunteer leadership roles with United Way at uwlakes.org/about.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: