350 NW 1st Ave, Suite A
Grand Rapids, MN 55744
Open Mon.-Thurs. 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
GET HELP: 2-1-1
Who are Hospice Volunteers?
Hospice volunteers play an important role on the Essentia Health Hospice Care Team by supporting patients and their loved ones through the final part of life's journey. A hospice volunteer may provide companionship and caregiver respite at a patient's house, a facility, or wherever the patient calls home. Volunteers may also provide team support in an office setting or with special projects.
Hospice Volunteer Opportunities
Hospice volunteers have a direct impact on the lives of people in our community. There are many ways to show care and compassion for patients and their loved ones, such as:
- Caregiver respite
- Going for a walk
- Reading, playing cards, or other activities
- Grocery shopping, errands, or cooking
- Sharing skills such as music or knitting
- Sending a card
- Office support (mailing, collating, phone calls, etc.)
- Military veteran support
- Must complete a training course (online at your convenience or at Hospice Office)
- Essentia Health requires all volunteers & staff to be vaccinated for Covid and flu
- Essentia Health Itasca team serves an area within a 60 mile radius of Grand Rapids. Volunteers may choose the locations/areas they wish to serve.
- We work around a volunteer’s availability – as little or as much as one chooses to serve.
- Be 18+ years of age
- Hospice volunteers do NOT provide personal cares or transport patients
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: