350 NW 1st Ave, Suite A
Grand Rapids, MN 55744
Open Mon.-Thurs. 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
GET HELP: 2-1-1
Community Investment Panelist
Community Investment Panelists are an essential part of distributing United Way Community Impact Fund dollars back into the community. Volunteer panelists are trained by United Way to review funding requests, visit local organizations, analyze program outcomes, and make funding recommendations to United Way’s Board of Directors. With the help of dedicated volunteers, United Way can ensure that Community Impact Fund dollars go to programs that will make the most significant impact in the greater Itasca communities.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
- Is committed to United Way’s mission to improve lives
- Is interested in the Community Investment process and how our funds are distributed
- Would like to be an integral part of helping United Way make informed decisions to direct Community Impact Fund dollars to local nonprofits/agencies
- Has the ability to work as a team to make objective decisions based on community need and program performance
- Can make the necessary time and travel commitments, which typically involve 2-4 hours per week of volunteer time for a 6-week period
- Knowledge or experience that is aligned with one or more of the following areas:
- Community Needs (i.e., knowledge of community collaborations, needs assessments, census data, direct client services, etc.)
- Results Driven (i.e., outcome measurements, data collection, program evaluation, etc.)
- Diversity and Inclusion (equal opportunity or accessibility expertise, experience with inclusion efforts, etc.)
- Governance (i.e., board of director's expertise, strategic planning, bylaw review, committee work, etc.)
- Management (human resources experience, volunteer management, knowledge of public relations or marketing, program leadership or supervision, etc.)
- Finances (knowledge of financial ratios, annual audits, bookkeeping, experience in nonprofit finances or financial management, etc.)
Estimated Time Commitment: Approximately 10-30 hours
- Committee meetings 1-3 hours
- Review Grant Applications 5-10 hours
- Site Visits 2-12 hours (not including travel)
- Post-scoring meeting and allocation 2-5 hours
Conflict of Interest: Individuals who are employed by or volunteer for a member agency, serve on their Board, or provide consulting services or employees cannot serve on the investment Panel that reviews that organization.
Confidentiality: Due to its sensitive nature, information obtained throughout the allocations process must be kept confidential.
Community members interested in serving on an allocations panel should express interest. Expressing interest does not indicate a commitment to serving in a role - it merely serves as a stepping stone to learning more and potentially pursuing an opportunity further - so volunteers who are unsure should go ahead and express interest in the role. Questions and concerns can also be addressed by emailing the Opportunity Coordinator.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:16+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: