350 NW 1st Ave, Suite A
Grand Rapids, MN 55744
Open Mon.-Thurs. 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
GET HELP: 2-1-1
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Volunteer Leader Training for Tai Ji Quan: Moving for Better Balanace
ElderCircle is looking for volunteers interested in leading a virtual (video conference) Wellness classes.
A virtual “Tai Ji Quan: Moving For Better Balance” (TJQMBB) new Volunteer Leader Training is coming up in January.
Virtual (video conference) connections are very important to many older adults now more than ever. We encourage you to not let technology hold you back. ElderCircle will walk you through everything you need to know and even loan you an iPad so you can facilitate these sessions.
About Tai Ji Quan: Moving for Better Balance
TJQMBB is an evidence-based balance exercise program designed to help adults improve their balance and physical strength. Participants learn balance skills, postural control, and good body alignment through adapted Tai Ji movements. Class format is one-hour sessions, twice a week, for 12 weeks (24 sessions).
More information is available at: https://tjqmbb.org/
You are the ideal candidate if you:
- Have attended one of our Tai Ji Quan classes;
- Have an interest in boosting your health and the health of others; and
- Enjoy connecting with others.
Criteria to participate in this volunteer training include:
- Willing and able to offer TJQMBB classes virtually within one year (ideally within 3 – 6 months) of successfully completing the training;
- Follow all aspects of program fidelity as presented in the volunteer training;
- Have a fitness level that permits full participation in two days of very physical, movement-based training;
- Able to complete approximately two hours of assigned pre-work before the training.
Volunteer Leader Training Details
*Dates: Tuesday, January 26, 2020, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Wednesday, January 27, 2020, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
*Successful completion of both days is required.
Location: From the comfort of your home via Zoom video conference. The Zoom link will be provided to registrants.
Fee: This expense is covered by ElderCircle ($110 value)
Registration: Contact Danielle at email@example.com or 218-999-9233 ext. 282. Danielle will answer any questions you have and can walk you through the registration process. Please register on or before Tuesday, January 12, 2021.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: